The books of Ezekiel and Daniel brought me to seventy-one percent of completing this Bible Reading Challenge. Throughout the book of Ezekiel, the theme seemed to be that God does things in order that “ye shall know that I am the Lord GOD.” (13:9) He cannot bless unrighteousness, and He must judge unrighteousness. He is no respecter of persons or countries. The book of Daniel reminded me of the person of Daniel, the purpose He had within his heart, and the position of service in helping the king.
Look through, look over,
Look up, look out,
With eyes of faith,
Fear not; flee away doubt:
In place familiar,
In places unknown,
Look Upward! Oh, my soul,
Live in view of Home.
God is faithful. A faithful person is one who can be trusted and relied on. When we are confident in God and His choices for us, we have realized His faithfulness in all things.
“Called” means to be told or to be named. God calls us to be with Him, and He assigns unique tasks for each of us in this life. God has given us names – proper and common. What are your names?
If I miserably fail in carrying out the tasks of my names…
If no one acknowledges or appreciates my names…
If my names are way different than the names of others..
If I lose the ability to perform the responsibilities of my names…
I am still called by His Name – I am His.
“There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” – I Corinthians 10:13
January seems to be a fitting month to be reading Jeremiah and Lamentations. After the busyness of family gatherings and fellowship with friends, and numerous activities in November and December, January brings us back to routines. This is a good thing. Winter weather, shortened daylight, and maybe a return to the pressing cares of life seem to bring on the blues for many. Certainly, just watching the news can send us spiraling downward into sadness over the evil prevalent today. What a perfect time of year to meditate on the new mercies that God has for us. New mercies every morning – think on that!
My goal was to read the Bible through in 60 days, but it has turned out that I have read 60% of the Bible in 60 days! So I will continue reading and aim to finish reading the remaining 40% of God’s Word in the next 60 days! I wish I had attempted this Bible Reading Challenge 60 long ago. It is helping me in many ways. A few include accountability, flexibility, discipline, schedule & priority awareness, listening, studying, and more. Try it! You’ll like it!
Am I living my life in vain? Am I living for the purposes God created me? Am I purposefully living? Is my life counting for Christ? What are your answers to these questions?
The next few posts will just be a record for myself of this Bible Reading Challenge 60. I am catching up on my posts as I was unable to be at my computer for most of December. If you are reading this, thanks for checking in. Maybe this will encourage someone in some way, someday. Read More
Week 5 marks the least amount of weekly reading thus far, yet full of rich, applicable treasures. Nehemiah held some “Aha” verses – as if they were written to give me understanding of the times in which I live now. Esther needs no promotion – what a beautiful picture of courage and grace. Job, in the midst of losing more than I ever have – not only remained faithful to God, but also spoke confidently to his “friend judges.” He understood that God sovereignly allowed his life to be touched by great pain, and He trusted His God to be good.
Bible reading is a challenge at times. It seems that when I need the most nourishment from God’s Word is when my life seems like it is on the run! It is a proven fact that “fast food” and “eating on the go” are not healthy habits. Applied to spiritual nourishment, neither “fast food” or “eating on the go” are healthy habits for the soul. Nonetheless, as our bodies need food daily, so do our souls. I am one-third of the way to my goal of my Bible Reading Challenge 60.
Week 3 of my Bible Reading Challenge 60 was just that – a challenge! I’m quite behind in schedule I had set. No matter what Books of the Bible I am reading or how many or few chapters I am reading, there is Truth and there is Light, given my heart is seeking Him.